Element was a high class within the Solaris Military. Elhaym Van Houten was part of the Elements class. Members had very high ether skills and were the only ones capable of using gears with Aerods. In Xenogears, It was shown that some Elements are grouped together into four person teams. Prior to the events in Xenogears one team was led by Jesse Black and consisted of Kahran Ramsus, Citan Uzuki, and Sigurd Harcourt . Sometime after Jesse, Citan, and Sigurd left Solaris, Ramsus reformed the Elements team.
- Element Team Under Command of Kahran Ramsus
- Dominia Yizkor - The Earth Element;she has something of a crush on Ramsus and a strong rivalry with both Kelvena and Miang. Dominia's pointy ears and muscular physique betray her status as a demi-human. She is one of the last, if not the last survivor of the nation of Elru, which was destroyed by Id three years ago. As such, she has the ability to harness and make use of her emotions-namely feelings like anger, jealousy, desire, fear, rage, and other base emotions-in order to amplify her existing strength (and likely earth ether as well). She's a very physical sort of warrior, though, and she rarely uses her mental power, aside from the amplification technique mentioned here. She was saved from being processed in the Soylent System by Krelian and made into an Element, an elite Solarian super soldier. Dominia pilots the humanoid gear Bladegash, which combines with the other three Element gears to form the massive G-Elements.
- Dominia's name is derived from the Dominion, an Order of Angels in the Second Hierarchy.
- Kelvena - The Water Element. The calm and thoughtful Ying to Domina's fiery and passionate Yang. While not always very assertive, Kelvena seems to be the unspoken leader among the Elements, playing the role of quiet advisor to Dominia during their missions. She is employed by the Intelligence Bureau, leader among the forces associated with the element 'Water', and as such she has access to more information than is exposed to the others -- including direct commands from the Ministry (or so it seemed - it's not a directly quoted fact). As far as raw talents go, Kelvena is definitely far in the lead. Her ether potential is so great she is forced to keep her eyes closed in order to fully control it, though she is not blind, as most people seem to think. (Her eyes are open in battle.) This allows her greater concentration and control over her abilities and her emotions. Obviously, she would have to be calm and collected at all times, to keep such a strong ether talent under wraps. In her Jugend days, Kel's life was moderately normal. She and Elly roomed together - like Hyuga and Sigurd, actually - and became very close friends, even when they were both set up to be chosen as Elements. Other than this, no previous connection with Ramsus was mentioned - she may have been Solarian-born, or just an upgraded Lamb taken into Jugend after some sort of test. She really takes after Shitan - she must have impressed Ramsus. Kelvena pilots the dolphin-like gear Marinebasher, which combines with the other three Element gears to form the massive G-Elements.
- Kelvena's name is derived from the Cherubim, an Order of Angels in the First Hierarchy.
- Tolone - The Wind Element. Logical and emotionless. Tolone has undergone an experimental and most likely unethical surgery which either replaced or enhanced her brain with a positronic photon structure. Her cybernetic brain gives her the ability to out-think a computer, but she still seems incapable of outwitting Fei and his companions half the time. This is the subject of a running gag with her fellow Element Seraphita, who calls it a "Gin n' Tonic Futon brain." Tolone isn't lacking in a sense of humor however, as it appears she is capable of begrudgingly laughing at herself whenever Seraphita makes a stupid comment. It also appears that the rest of her body has been cybernetically enhanced as well and turned into a walking weapon. She is seen in battle doing things like pulling her arm off at the elbow in battle to reveal a powerful laser weapon hidden within her biceps region. She was saved from being processed in the Soylent System by Ramsus and made into an Element, an elite Solarian Super Soldier. Tolone pilots the bird-like gear Skyghene, which combines with the other three Element gears to form the massive G-Elements.
- Tolone's name is derived from the Thrones, an Order of Angels in the First Hierarchy.
- Seraphita - The Fire Element. Seraphita is just plain dumb. She's always making a stupid, though amusing, comment about things or doing something incredibly moronic. She is often partnered up with Dominia], the smartest member of the Elements and her exact polar opposite. Seraphita appears to be a demi-human and had rabbit-like ears flopping off the top of her head and a fluffy rabbit tail at the base of her spine. She has all the energy (and sense) of a bouncing bunny, so it suits her a great deal. Sera, as she's referred to by her fellow Elements is normally sent out when extra muscle and Ether power is needed, otherwise Dominia and Kelvena normally handle all the assignments. She was saved from being processed in the Soylent System by Ramsus and made into an Element, an elite Solarian Super Soldier. Seraphita pilots the Grandgrowl, a gear that looks like a winged lion. Together with the other three Element gears it combines to form the massive G-Elements.
- Seraphita's name is derived from the Seraphim, an Order of Angels in the First Hierarchy.