|This article pertains to Xenogears: the sub-database of Xenosaga Wiki.|
|“|| I was born and raised in a normal family. I'm not a soldier like my husband and daughter. I never touched a gun before, much less have one pointed at me... That's why I'm shaking... But I can't stop it. I'm a "normal" mother. So there are things I must protect... Elly, slowly come here. Don't worry, I'll protect you no matter what. Elly, come here. It's alright.
Medena could be viewed as a good and sweet woman who is devoted to her family. She also displays qualities that are rarely seen in a 1st Class Gazel, encouraging Elly to live her life the way she wishes, and to not desert her loved ones, even if it means turning against Solaris itself.
Medena also displays a willingness to accept her daughter, no matter what path Elly chooses.
Medena seems to be supportive of Elly's budding relationship with Fei Fong Wong once she gets over her initial shock of discovering the relationship.
Elly is resentful of Medena at first and doesn't believe she is her real mother. Due to her lack of resemblance to Medena, Elly believes her biological mother was actually a Lamb, specifically her childhood nanny. However, there is no actual evidence which backs this theory up, just Elly's word against her mother's.
Medena is imprisoned with her husband when the Imperial Guard comes looking for Elly on Karellen's orders. She is eventually rescued by Hammer, unfortunately he too turns on the group and tries to take Elly to Karellen. Medena steps in between Elly and Hammer and Hammer shoots her in the head when she refuses to move.
- "I see. That must be why he's dressed like a land dweller. But, why isn't he wearing a Special Forces uniform like you, Elly?"
- "Elly, I think you should live your life the way you wish. If your loved ones are in a crisis, you can't desert them..."
- "...I know. But there's no doubt that you're my child... No matter what happens you're my sweetheart..."
- "I won't stop ever.... My child is in danger... and I'm her mother!" (to Hammer)
- Her name may be a reference to Medina, the second-holiest city in Islam after Mecca.
- It's unclear how aware Medena is of Solaris's activities. It could be thought that she is brainwashed or severely sheltered like a majority of Solarians, but she also may be aware of her husband's efforts to secretly free Lambs from the Soylent System.
- However, perhaps because of her kind qualities, this may be the reason why she is the mother of the Antitype. Karen Wong is the mother of the Contact.