|This article pertains to Xenogears: the sub-database of Xenosaga Wiki.|
She was a young Solarian woman attending the Jugend Military Academy and vying to become an Element. She was also the object of affection for two other Jugend recruits, Jessie Black and Isaac Stone. Jesiah won her heart and it enraged Stein to no end.
She specialized in recovery from Drive, and expected to succeed to a position in the department in charge of healing of those dependent on Drive and those who had failed Gear fusion. When Sigurd Harcourt lived in the Blanche household for a while, Racquel used her techniques to heal him.
In 9983, she married Jesiah and gave birth to Billy.
Racquel and Jesiah, now going by Jessie, later abandoned Solaris in 9990 and moved down to the surface to raise Billy. Two years after escaping Solaris, she gave birth to Primera. They settled in the Aquvy region on an island close to the Ethos HQ.
Stein, who had become a Bishop in the Ethos church under the assumed name of Stone, eventually tracked them down and sent a group of Wels who the Ethos controlled to the Black home and had them brutally murder Racquel. Stone's rationale for doing this was that Jessie had irrevocably 'tainted' her and she needed to be killed for her own good.
Their mother's brutal death effected the Black children in profound ways. Billy joined the Ethos, whose lower members fought the same Wels that its higher members secretly control, and also caused him to develop a hatred of his father who was not there to protect his mother. The event also caused little Primera, who was a toddler at the time, to stop speaking completely.
- Racquel was a teenage wife and mother.
- As an artist of refined tastes, she was interested in body painting.
- Her maiden name, Bennetnashe, is likely a reference to Benetnash / Benetnasch, a name for the star "Eta Ursae Majoris".
- The changing of her surname from Blanche to Black likely symbolizes "white to black", as "blanc" means white in French.
- She may be a reference to Rachel or Rebecca, but this is unknown.